Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge: Day 7


Today I'm linking up with Neely & Amber for their Fabulous Fall Blog Challenge. 
Today's topic: Fall recipe


Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin w/ Pecan Streusel

My picture from Saturday night :)

I found this recipe here: Brown Eyed Baker. The original recipe includes pecans but my kids aren't nut fans so I make them without. I've made these several times and they are a HUGE hit around here (code for MUST double the recipe when I make it). 

Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins with Pecan Streusel

Yield: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Inactive Prep Time: 2 hours | Bake Time: 20 minutes

For the Cream Cheese Filling:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
½ cup powdered sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract

For the Streusel:
½ cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup pecans, roughly chopped *optional
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

For the Muffins:
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
5 ounces (½ cup + 2 tablespoons) vegetable oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Make the cream cheese filling: For the Cream Cheese Filling: In a medium bowl, stir together the cream   cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla, and stir to combine. Form the mixture into a 12-inch log on a piece of plastic wrap, wrap it, and freeze it for at least two hours.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
3. Make the Pecan Streusel: In a medium bowl, use a fork to combine the flour, sugar, pecans, butter, and cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
6. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to gently combine the batter, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
7. Remove the cream cheese from the freezer, and divide it into 12 1-inch slices.
8. Scoop a small amount of batter into the muffin cups. Place 1 slice of the cream cheese log right in the center of each cup, then fill with the remaining batter.
9. Sprinkle the pecan streusel on top of each muffin. Press on the streusel lightly to make sure it adheres to the batter.
10. Bake until golden, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, and then remove muffins to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Let them come to room temperature before serving, or warm briefly in the microwave to take the chill off.


Nfu Oh 58 (my hand)  :)

After baking these yummy muffins, I sat down and gave my self a mani! Yay for new nail polish. 
The color was Nfu Oh 58. I've never used a Flakey polish, kinda weird, but oh my, do I love it! It starts pretty sheer on the first coat but builds really well. I did apply 3 coats to get the color I was looking for.  I also used 2 layers of a top coat to give my nails a more smooth texture because of the flakes. I agree with 
the Nailphile, my nails look like raked leaves. When you look at them you can see orange, yellow, and sometimes green. :) Love!!

image found @ www.temptalia.com

P.S. b.t.w.  I just ordered a polish that may be a perfect substitute for Chanel's Paradoxal- details on that soon. Hopefully, I'll be picking that up this weekend while in Columbus. Shipping to Canada is RIDICULOUS! Thank goodness for the in-laws a.k.a. my shipping address :).

1 comment:

  1. Lovely coppery color on that first polish. Definitely will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete