Tuesday, October 18, 2011

a little retail therapy doesn't hurt

His new favorite place is IN the toy bin.

I meant to share earlier, but my sweet little Oliver, who understands everything and chooses to say nothing, has finally said "mama". He has the most adorable little voice and hearing it call for me is the best! I definitely prefer it over the point & shriek method he has been using to communicate.

I've been doing a little retail therapy this week. I've been kinda down in the dumps. I am 8 weeks postpartum and my 7 year old keeps asking me when I'm going to get smaller, you know loose "this" (as he puts his hands at his stomach and motions a big belly). Yes, I have some weight to lose, and yes some of it shouldn't have been there before Tyler (2 babies in 2 years- cut me some slack). Anyways... I've been trying to inspire myself to take better of myself. Some of the lovelies that are waiting for me at my in-laws house in Ohio ( I don't ship to Canada. I either can't get it here or the postage is as much as the item. Um, no thanks, I'll ship it to the good ol' USofA and wait till we travel again.)

via
This is the Columbia Mom-O-Gram Benton (whatever that means) in Isla. It is the pink ribbon edition. I will buy anything with this little symbol.  $1.00 for each garment sold is donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation- awesome!

via
I got this pretty little thing from Victoriasecret.com because it was the closest I could get to this...
via
They don't exactly look the same because they are being worn differently in each picture, however the top pic shows the color I got, that's why I used it. The gray sweater, that I did purchase is onsale and I had a gift card, so after all of that and adding in tax, I paid about $16. The Leopard print cashmere sweater (that my dear friend wore to brunch on Sunday) is almost $400. YIKES! So, imitation is the highest form of flattery, right, I went out and found the closest thing in my budget. I have high hopes! 

This is a random picture of a bottle from google images. This is Essie Raise Awareness (yup, another pink ribbon item). "A portion of the proceeds from each bottle will be donated to Living Beyond Breast Cancer." I love that my nails are the same color as my Kitchenaid mixer. :) I have not taken pictures of my nails because I have been lazy. My motivation and camera are never in the same place at the same time. I know pictures aren't that hard to take, but I am a lousy photographer and the weather has been so gray. Doesn't make for pretty pictures.
via 
AJ bought me this book to "entertain" me while he plays his new videogame. He is very thoughtful. I really wanted this book (I'll let you know what I think after I've read it.) He really is sweet, he brought me Starbucks too!

No comments:

Post a Comment