Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A new dawn, a new day.... or not



Welcome 2013. I am determined this is going to be my best year yet! 13 is my lucky number and this is probably the only year I'll be alive with a '13' in it.

Not much as really changed around here. Oliver's speech delay is looking more like Childhood apraxia of speech. This basically means his brain and the muscles in his mouth are having some trouble communicating. (Think of a stroke patient... that's acquired apraxia.) He knows what he wants to say but his mouth can't form the words. We are still in the process of testing and there is no exact way to diagnose, just a lot of observation. It's beyond frustrating for him and for me. He is learning basic sign language and is picking up more words. But our ability to communicate is not to the level I'm used to with a child his age. It's hard to know what he wants or needs and he gets so angry when I don't understand him. So, on top of his being in the terrible 2s, we are having trouble communicating.

Tomorrow Joshua and I have an appointment with his doctor as we continue down the path of determining whether or not he has ADHD, and if so, how we will begin to deal with that.

Chloe is 11. Preteen hormonal mess. Don't tell her I said that.

Tyler. My sweet baby boy is walking, running, climbing and always banging his head. Makes me so sad.


April in Paris
image found on Pinterest

 See, not much has changed since October.

Although, here's something fun. I'm going to Paris with my Momma in April!! I'll spend my birthday on the Eiffel Tower!!!
I am so excited and freaked out!!! I'll be traveling to Tampa so we can fly together and visiting my dad a little bit before and after. This trip is going to take almost 2 weeks. Aaack! I have never been away from my kids that long. Well, the two older, yes. But Ollie and Ty, no. I worry for my sweet husband. 2 weeks as a single dad. YIKES!!

I am becoming more and more and more obsessed with nail polish. I recently counted them and I was somewhere at 160 bottles. whew. I am hoping to get back to blogging more and rejoining the Nail Files linkup on Fridays. I'm late for last weeks but here are the nails I've been sporting...


butter London's The Black Knight.
It's a party on my nails. It's gorgeous!! I used 3 coats to get the opaque I like. I have not used this before so I have no idea how well it will come off. I'm hoping not to difficult. Some glitters are such a pain in the arse (butter's RosieLee but omg it's so worth it!)!

I don't expect I'll be writing everyday b/c I suck like that. But my goal is to be back Friday to share whatever is on my nails. :)

Hope everyone's week is going well. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment