Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Tuesday

I've been missing. I'm sorry. There's been a lot of nothing going on and nothing to say either. Until our weekend to Columbus. We got to celebrate Oliver's birthday with family and a few friends.  We had so much fun!!
Here is Oliver enjoying his free birthday breakfast at First Watch. He really enjoyed his french toast. We love First Watch sooo much!!

We spent the afternoon at the zoo. Columbus has the best zoo! Here he is sliding down a hammerhead shark statue. Wee!

Oliver had his first ride on the carousel. He was excited at first, scared in the middle, and very happy at the end!

My bestie a.k.a. Uncle Charlie came to the zoo and dinner to celebrate. 

He loved the zoo. This year's trip was so much more fun because he was so excited about everything.
 
Now we are home and settling back into our routine. We have been working with Oliver to improve his communication skills. He is beginning to respond! We are seeing a lot more signing and a lot less frustration-induced tantrums. He has also started using ma-ma-ma and da-da-da again. I am thrilled. He has been going to a "Play with Words" group which is a playgroup led by speech & language therapist. We are 3 sessions in and seeing improvements every week. 

This week will be wonderful! The weather is gorgeous, 67 and sunny. It's amazing. The windows are open and the sun is shining. This weekend I am having dinner with Kate. Girls' Night Out. It's a belated birthday dinner. I'm not sure where we are going, but I'm thinking I want to go the Keg. Super yummy steakhouse for special occasions. We may do some shopping or a movie. 

On a personal note, I have lost 6 pounds. I am feeling very motivated and hopefully this will continue! The first several months after I had Tyler I had a lot of back problems and not able to do much physical activity. So, finally over the last 2 months I've been slowly getting myself together; portion control, more active, and now I'm exercising. It does feel great to be active with my kids! Last summer I was super pregnant and the summer before I was recovering from Oliver's c-section. So, it feels nice to be getting back to normal.

have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment